Contributions & Causes
The Bosom Buddies Board of Directors is very proud of the organizations it has supported since its inception. The Board decides on contributions each year, including input from each clinic location.
The largest amount of contribution has gone to the Levine Cancer Institute Foundation, with $250,000 donated so far. The LCI Foundation allows designation of funds to various groups within the LCI network and has included:
- Bosom Buddies Image Boutique – Yes, it carries our name! Provides wigs, scarves, prosthetic fittings, etc to women in treatment
- Ann’s Fund – funds mammography for women at higher risk of breast cancer who would not otherwise be able to afford diagnostic tests
- Hospice and Paliative Care Services
- Breast Cancer Survivorship Summit
Other contributions have included:
- Pink Sunday Sponsorship - a breast cancer awareness program at African American churches throughout Charlotte, developed by Susan G Komen
- Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Cindy’s Hope Chest – supports women in the local area going through treatment
- North Carolina Baptist Hospital and Spartanburg Regional Foundation – provide low cost mammography
- The Paula Takacs Foundation
- Project Pink and Project Pink Plus:
14 Mobile events in 2018 across Cleveland, Mecklenburg, Stanly and Union Counties.
1,000 plus screened to date, 16 breast cancers identified.